Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Case of the Mondays...

Okay, so I'm a bit late with this post, since I meant to post it yesterday.  Hence the title.  I can be a bit myopic about certain things, and once I get an idea in my head, it can be hard to let it go.  So I had this great idea for my "Monday" post, being that I love Office Space and all, and feeling quite proud of myself for being so witty *cough*.  Unfortunately, I realized this morning that I didn't get the post out in time and wrestled for a grand total of, say, 10 seconds on whether or not to change the title to something a bit more calendrically appropriate.  No way.  I have too much tunnel vision for that.  You'll just have to pretend that today is Monday.

Mondays are actually great days for me...I get to wear jeans to work!  I take my students out for a class on field research for a few hours in the afternoon every Monday so the teacher dress code gods cut me some slack.  You can call this the "country-western-riding-a-horse-but-really-dragging-a-bunch-of-kids-through-the-park" look.

On an unrelated note, I have decided to start a regular recipe post every other week or so.  This week it will be macaroni and cheese.  Wow, you think to yourself, that's not very exciting.   Well, first off, you have never tried MY macaroni and cheese, which involves an unreasonable amount of cheese (it's a four brick minimum around here), cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and Dijon mustard.  And second, I am not the fancy cook in this household.  That would be my lovely partner in crime, the BF.  So until he starts his own blog, you are stuck with just lil' ol' me.

Cheers,
Elle

Outfit breakdown: jeans Gap/shirt Lands End Canvas
belt Diesel/boots Etienne Agner/necklace & watch gift

Elephants are cute

No comments:

Post a Comment